Ryan is busy getting ready for the holidays. Yesterday on the way home Ryan told me about the songs they are learning at his school for the holiday program. "There is a song about a dreidel. A dreidel is kind of like a top, but it's a cube with a cylinder on top and an upside pyramid on the bottom."
I can honestly say I was a little surprised by that. Not that he knows what a dreidel is, but the way he described it. He's really taken by the idea of a dreidel too. Last night as Grandma and I were heading out to go shopping, Ryan called out, "Could you please get me a dreidel?"
Turns out that was a little easier said then done. The only dreidels we found in a three store search, was a four pack of sports ball dreidels. I just don't think that's what Ryan had in mind, so the search continues.
Ryan is also busy prepping for Christmas. Yesterday while Wesley was at school, Ryan went to see Santa and his workshop with Grandma and Grandpa P. I think he had a great time. He had the opportunity to make a wooden train in Santa's workshop, but he didn't want to do it then. Luckily the "elves" let him take the pieces home and Ryan and Grandpa did the assembly later on. Grandpa + Ryan + power tools = well, I was going to say trouble, but I think it actually equalled fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment