Wednesday, June 27, 2012

When the Stars Align

If this post had a theme song it would be "Perfect Day" from Phineas and Ferb. Yesterday was easily the best day I have had this summer. Yes, I know technically summer only started a week ago, but I count it as the time since school let out for Wesley.

What made yesterday so special?  It wasn't anything major - unless you count the fact that my children behaved all day long as something special. They were polite to each other for the most part. They listened to me. The behaved in front my visiting aunt and uncle. They were just a joy to be around.

We didn't really do anything out of the ordinary. We took Ryan to swim class. We visited relatives and I let the boys "drive" in the subdivision. We went to Sonic for lunch and I let them order slushies and milkshakes with their food. We stopped by Grandma and Grandpa H.'s.  They played with toys together. It was just a wonderful, relaxing day. 

Almost makes me want to be a stay at home mom - but only when the stars align just like this!

No comments: