Tuesday, June 05, 2012

What Not to Wear - Hospital Style

I'm getting ready to head back to hospital to spend the night with my mom there. She had shoulder replacement surgery today and really wanted someone to be with her tonight when they turn the pain medicine block off. The surgery went really well, but she's been having some dizziness and nausea on top of the "regular" pain.

She's not in a private room and there is no room in there for a cot, so I'll be spending my night in a chair in the corner. I've got my yoga pants and a t-shirt on, comfy shoes, my hair pulled back in a ponytail and my makeup washed off. I'm all set for a night of whatever will pass for sleep at the hospital, but I'm sure I look rather frightening.

Please don't let me run into Clinton Kelly tonight.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm so glad that the surgery went well. I hope she is ok with the meds and she doesn't get sick from them as I know she's worried about that. You are a fabulous daughter and I bet she's so pleased to have you with her. Good luck sleeping there. You sound prepared at least. x