Two quick stories from the drive to and from school and work today.
I turned the radio on as we were driving to school this morning. I usually listen to audio books or kids music in the car, but since I didn't want to lose my place on the CD, I turned the radio on instead. The station that came on happened to be playing Christmas music. Unfortunately, it was my least favorite Christmas song "The Twelve Days of Christmas." Before I could change the station to something that wouldn't drive me half out of my mind, Wesley shouted, "Hey! I know this tune!" and started singing along. I couldn't change the station after that!
I had a short day at work today, so I got to pick up Ryan and then we went to get Wesley from school. After we got back in the car, Ryan turned around in his seat to look at his big brother. "So how was your day, Wesley? Tell me about school," he said. I'm sure it's what Grandma, Grandpa and I say each time we pick Wesley up. It was so funny to hear it parroted back to me! Guess I'd better be careful what I say in Ryan's earshot. As Ma and Pa Ingalls would say, "Little pitchers have big ears."
2 comments:
I wonder if you've ever heard the Straight No Chaser version of 12 Days? Might make a convert out of you! Even better, watch them perform it on YouTube.
I do love that one. But it's the only one!
Post a Comment