Thursday, November 03, 2011

Anchors Away!

Ryan recently saw a very cool, very sporty boat parked in some one's driveway. He has never been on a boat (unless you count the little boat ride at the zoo) and I'm sure he's never seen one that looked quite as cool as this.

"Mommy! Can we get a boat?" he asked.

Now, Mommy has zero desire to get a boat. One, we certainly can't afford a boat.  Two, we live in central Ohio. Yes, there are places to go boating, but let's just say it isn't exactly convenient.  Three, Mommy is prone to motion sickness. I have successfully taken a cruise, but truth be told, I have gotten sea sick taking a ferry ride at Lake Erie. I decided to pick a random reason why we aren't getting a boat. One that might make sense to a three year old.

"Hmmmm....I don't think Daddy knows how to drive a boat," I answered. Yep, threw Daddy right under the bus/boat on that one.

Unfortunately, my answer didn't slow Ryan down at all.

"I can teach him. I will say 'drive, drive, drive' and when we see a shark I will tell him 'turn!'" was Ryan's answer.

Silly me, I didn't realize it would be so easy to drive a boat. Good thing we have Ryan around to teach us!

No comments: