Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Who Do I Look Like?

Last night Wesley was trying his darndest to get dessert even though he barely touched his dinner. All of a sudden, he remembered that he hadn't eaten his dessert from his lunchbox.

"You know Mom," Wesley said. "Grandma lets me eat my lunch dessert in the car after school."

"I know she does," I told him.

"So, does that mean I can have it now?"

"No," I said. "You didn't eat your dinner, so you don't get ANY dessert."

"But it's my lunch dessert! I bet Grandma would let me!" he protested.

"Wesley, do I look like your grandma?" I asked, before realizing that, yes, in fact I look a LOT like Grandma.  "I mean....I may LOOK like her, but I'm not her and I'm not letting you have your lunch dessert now." 

Wesley just looked at me and laughed.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

So funny!

Harper and even Michael use that line all the time, "Well NANA lets me!"

You DO look like your mom!