Sunday, August 08, 2010

Where Oh Where Has That Naughty Cat Gone?

A couple of days ago I posted about the huge mess Wesley made at Grandma and Grandpa H.'s and that he told me that he didn't make the mess, but Cooper did. I went off on how much I didn't like Cooper and that I didn't want to hear about Cooper and I didn't want Cooper in my house anymore. Yesterday when I got home from work, Wesley informed me that he took Cooper to the pet store and gave him back to the pet man. Apparently Wesley traded Cooper in for a new imaginary cat/alter ego named Edwin.

That may not sound like a big improvement, but Edwin appears to the opposite of everything Cooper was. Edwin is quiet and "full of love" and sleeps a lot. Even better, Wesley keeps asking if we like Edwin and if we'll let him stay. So far, we've told him that Edwin can stay on a trial basis.

Who could have known that one day I'd have to kick my son's alter ego out of the house and approve the new one. Parenthood sure comes with a lot of strangeness.

No comments: