Wesley has been "Bad Attitude Boy" lately. I think he's testing his boundaries to see how much nastiness he can get away with before he gets in trouble.
This morning he mouthed off to me, so I confiscated the toy he was playing with and warned him that the next thing I would take would be the book he loves to play with.
A few minutes later the bad attitude started again and I gave him one last warning. "Wesley, if you talk to me like that again, you will lose the book."
Wesley glared at me for a moment, then made another snarky comment - which he finished by holding the book out and saying, "Here's the book!"
It took all my willpower not to burst into laughter. Inappropriate? Yes, but it was like he weighed the pros and cons of making the comment versus loosing the book and was willing to pay the price. THAT was pretty funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment