There's something I want to tell you despite the very real risk of sounding old. Ready? I can remember the first time I used the Internet. I was finishing my undergraduate degree so it was 1996. We practiced using the Internet in the computer lab in the College of Education at OSU. I remember going home and talking about it at dinner. My brother gave me an AOL disc he had gotten and I spent four hours that night doing nothing but exploring websites. Fast forward to 2010. I am on the Internet most of my day at work. And who really uses AOL anymore?
Sometimes it blows my mind to think that Wesley and Ryan will never know a world where computers and the Internet are not a part of their daily life. Even now they play on the computer every day.
This morning I turned the computer on to quickly check my email before work. As soon as Ryan saw me push the power button he ran over to the computer and sat in my lap. He pointed to the Internet Explorer icon and said, "E! E! Click E!"
I did click the e, but apparently Ryan didn't like the fact that I was checking email instead of going to PBS Kids or Nick Jr. He looked at the email page for a moment, pointed to the tab to close the window then said, "Red X Mama! Red X! Click it!"
No comments:
Post a Comment