Sunday, August 15, 2010

More Potty Humor

Some of you know that we signed Wesley up for several classes and day camps this summer. He did Safety City, a COSI camp, KinderZoo and swim class. Did he learn how to safe? Well, about some things. Did he learn about science? Not really. Did he learn all about animals? Kind of. Did he learn to swim? Not yet.

No, what my almost five-year-old son learned this summer - at KinderZoo no less - was how to use a urinal, or, the "special stand-up potty." He's pretty excited about this discovery and uses them whenever he can.

Yesterday he and I went to a movie together. We bought our tickets, then I told him that we should go use the potty before buying our snacks and finding our seats.  As we approached the women's restroom Wesley started to balk, "Mo-om! That's the room for girls!"

"Yep. Sure is!"

"But I can't go in there!" Wesley whined.

" Yes you can. Mommy isn't allowed to go into the boys bathroom and you aren't old enough to in by yourself," I explained.

"But am I allowed to go into the girls potty?" Wesley asked.

"Yes, you are and no one is going to mind one bit," I replied.

We walked into the women's restroom and no one was there. Probably a good thing too because Wesley looked around and loudly said, "Hey! Where are the stand up potties?"

I'm not sure he bought my explanation that only boys use urinals. At least he didn't ask for a demonstration.

No comments: