Thursday, August 26, 2010

Not Back to School Yet

Duane and I decided to send Wesley to pre-K this year instead of starting Kindergarten. Lots of things played into our decision and I firmly believe it was the right one for Wesley. So while almost all of my friends are sending their kids back to school this week, Wesley doesn't go back until mid September.

I think he's picking up on the whole "back to school" vibe though. Two mornings this week Wesley has asked if it was a school day. Could it be possible that he misses it?!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

He'll have such a great year! Not that you asked for input, but as a former primary teacher I would say it is almost NEVER a mistake to wait if you suspect a child isn't ready. His K year will come quickly enough!

Heather said...

Thanks Kelsey! Even though I think we made the right choice, the reassurance is always welcome!