Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Afternoon to be Thankful For

I have had the BEST afternoon! I only had to work until noon today. I picked up a pizza for the boys and I to share for lunch and then prepared to do some baking for Thanksgiving. To my surprise, Wesley curled up on the couch and took a nap! I couldn't believe it! Wesley almost never naps unless it's for about three minutes in the car on the way home.

Wesley's impromptu cat nap left Ryan and I with a couple of hours to spend together. We rolled cars back and forth across the kitchen floor while the sweet potatoes boiled. When I had to turn my attention back to the food, Ryan pulled the step stool over and kept himself busy "helping" me. And by "helping" I mean tasting everything he could get his little hands on. He stuck the teaspoon that had some cinnamon remnants on it into his mouth. He licked the spoon that had held vanilla extract. He sampled the dark brown sugar and the caramel sauce. It was so cute to hear him say "mmmmmmm" whenever he tried something new. Maybe he'll be as much of a little chef as his brother.

No comments: