Monday, October 12, 2009

Not Me Monday

Following the lead of My Charming Kids, it's another "Not Me Monday!"


There's no way I spent a work morning without kids missing them terribly instead of loving every second of only having to get myself ready and out the door on time. Not me.

I know I didn't tear up when Wesley taught Duane and I the prayer he says at preschool. That would have been ridiculous!

I certainly didn't refuse to let Wesley have yogurt for breakfast no matter how many times or how politely he asked, just because it was picture day and I didn't want him dribbling yogurt down his shirt. I mean come on, would I really deny my child nutrition just to try to ensure a stain free picture?


It couldn't have been me that allowed Ryan to have a whole apple - despite the fact that he only has six teeth! I'd never do that. And if it was me, I certainly wasn't tickled that he started saying "apple" in between bites.

I know I didn't open my lunch bag at work only to discover that while I had packed a soda, some crackers and a cookie, I totally neglected to pack the container of stew I was planning on eating. Nope, never happened.

Speaking of things that never happened, there's no way Wesley came home from preschool with the knee ripped out of his jeans - TWO DAYS IN A ROW!!!

There is no way I put my thumb through a brand new pair of black tights while I was getting ready for church. That would have been too frustrating.

No comments: