Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Conquering the Great Divide

Ryan has reached new heights tonight. Literally!

Wesley was playing with a puzzle on the dining room table and I was in the living room. After a moment, I heard Wesley say, "Mom! Ryan is on the table!" I was pretty sure I had heard wrong, but when I turned and looked into the dining room, there was Ryan, sitting on the table proud as punch!

"How did he get up there!?" I asked Wesley.

" He climbed on Daddy's chair and then on to the table, " big brother matter-of-factly replied.

Well, I had to see that feat for myself. I pulled Ryan off the table. He didn't hesitate a moment before climbing onto one of the chair and then up onto the table. In fact, I wasn't real sure if I should be horrified or impressed. I pulled him off the table again and then pushed all the chair in. However, that wasn't enough to stop our little explorer. He pulled the chair out so he could do it again!!

The picture below isn't of him on the table (obviously), but it is from today before the climbing expedition commenced.

No comments: