Friday, October 02, 2009

Family of Three

The W. family is a family of three instead of four tonight. Wesley has been begging for an overnight with Grandma and Grandpa H., so he's sleeping there tonight - leaving Duane and I with Ryan.

I love my boys dearly, but having only one kid with us is almost like being childless again! It's so easy! We went out to dinner and only had to worry about keeping one child entertained. Ryan did so well at the restaurant. He flirted with the waitress. He ate spinach artichoke dip and chips. He did so well that we even ordered dessert! After dinner we went to two stores - again, it's SO much easier with one child.

Right now, Ryan is watching a show, Duane is working on my birthday cake and I'm playing on the computer. There's no fighting, or whining, or "Cooper" running around. It's just a peaceful evening. Now in all fairness, I know I'd feel the same way if it were Ryan staying with the grandparents and Wesley with us. Either way, I plan on enjoying this!

No comments: