I had some comp. time coming to me today, so I left work early and had lunch with Grandpa P. and the boys, then went to the pumpkin patch. And let me tell you, I am exhausted!!
We went to Cici's Pizza for lunch. Now Cici's has some definite advantages when dining with children. First of all, it's a pizza buffet, so you know that even a child as picky as Wesley will find something to eat. There's no wait for service and the you can eat as much or as little as you want. The downside, is that it's a buffet, which totally wore me out! Grandpa got Wesley a piece of pizza then went to get his food while I got Wesley a drink. Then I had to go back for utensils. Then I went to get my food and food for Ryan. By the time I sat down, Wesley was ready for a second piece of pizza, so I went to get that. I must have looked like a jack-in-the-box with all the up and down I was doing. The kids ate really well though. Wesley even had almost three whole pieces of pizza!

After lunch we drove to a pumpkin patch near by. Grandma and Grandpa P. have taken Wesley there every year, so we decided to continue the tradition. I don't think I've ever gone with them (I'm ususally working), but I think this year was a bit more chaotic than normal. Wesley pretty much just ran through the pumpkins. He'd pretend to pick out a pumpkin, then say, "No, let's keep looking," just so he could take off running again. When he finally did pick "the perfect pumpkin" it was small, and orange with large green areas. But if it makes him happy who am I to complain?
Here's an example of Wesley the Wild Runner in the pumpkin patch.
I tried and tried to get some decent pictures of Wesley, but he was moving so much, it proved pretty difficult. Here's what I ended up with:



Of course, Ryan was pretty active too - just not in the way I thought he'd be. At first he was pretty interested in the pumpkins. He kept pointing at them and saying something that sounded an awful lot like "That one!" Check out this video if you don't believe me.
But then Ryan found the one thing in the pumpkin patch that held his interest above all other things. A rock. Yes folks, a rock. He carried it around the whole time we were there. He called it a ball and threw it (over and over and over), he even brought it home with him. This video will give you a good feel of our pumpkin patch trip.
Pretty much chaos. Which explains why all the pictures I have of Ryan look like action shots.



Believe it or not, we did leave the pumpkin patch with two pumpkins. And the kids fell asleep on the way home (big surprise)
No comments:
Post a Comment