Sunday, October 04, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

I have had a WONDERFUL birthday weekend!! Yesterday we went on a hayride and campfire with Grandpa and Grandma P. and their car club friends. It was so much fun!

We drove about 45 minutes to a farm in the next county. It was kind of an interesting ride up there. Ryan (who really needed a nap) did not sleep a wink. Wesley got mad at me for something and refused to speak at all for about 10 minutes - I didn't have the heart to tell him how nice that 10 minutes of silence was!

The farm was really neat. Of course, the first thing I did was check out the market (caramel apples and pumpkin whoopie pies!) and purchase a lollipop for a Wesley bribe. He got the lollipop after waiting patiently in line for the restroom before heading out on the wagons. Well, he kind of finished it on the wagon - at least until he dropped it in the hay!






We rode in the wagons through the fields and into the woods until we reached our picnic sight. Let me tell you, I have never seen a group of people set up a picnic so quickly! Talk about efficient, we were eating within 10 minutes of arriving. Good thing too since Ryan and Wesley were both really hungry! They each put away more than one hot dog cooked over the fire (as did Mommy) and several toasted marshmallows (although I KNOW I out ate them on s'mores!)


After every one's tummy's were full, Wesley turned into Cooper the Cat and went around trying to get people to pet him. Hey, at least he got over being shy.

The ride back from the campfire was fun too. It was totally dark and Wesley lay down in the hay to look at the stars. Ryan entertained with his stupid baby trick of putting a lit flashlight in his mouth so his cheeks light up. Gotta love a good baby trick.

Today I took Wesley to a movie at COSI, took a long nap and went out to dinner with Kirk and Sus, Grandpa and Grandpa P., and Aaron. The boys weren't on their best behavior, but they weren't on their worst either. And who really cares, when dinner is followed by a cake Duane baked for me and the boys are sleeping over with their grandparents! Ahhhh....happy birthday to me!

No comments: