Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend Update

Is it possible for a weekend to be both busy and lazy? That's really how I feel our weekend has been. Duane and I went to a hockey game Friday night and for some reason that just threw the whole weekend off.

We woke up on Saturday and it really felt like Sunday. Duane took the car bed in Wesley's playroom down, then we went out to lunch to satisfy a craving I was having. Since it was a bright, sunny day we told Wesley we could go to the park. However, once we got there, we realized that bright and sunny does not necessarily equal warm. We stayed long enough to play with a couple dogs, feed the ducks and swing for all of five minutes. When Wesley's face started turning bright pink from the wind, we decided it was time to go home. Unfortunately, Wesley didn't want to leave and he cried the whole way back to the car and the whole way home. Warm weather can't come soon enough for this kid. He's sick of being inside.

Uncle Kirk and Aunt Susan babysat Wesley last night while Duane and I went to yet another sporting event - this time arena football. Wesley had a great time with Kirk and Susan. They must have worn Wesley out good and proper too, because he slept in until a little after 9:30 this morning. I'm glad he got to sleep until his little heart was content, but that meant we didn't have time to get all of us ready for church on time.

Wesley requested a trip to COSI this afternoon, so after a trip to the grocery store, we all headed to COSI. Wesley really needed to burn off some energy. He ran non-stop for the first half hour we were there and even though he eventually stopped running, he was a busy bee for two hours.


Wesley spent some time looking at the world through different colored lenses.

Up the stairs and down the slide more than a dozen times.

Pushing the buttons that make burping and farting noises is great fun for a two year old!

It's even more fun when Mommy makes a funny face and says "excuse me" every time Wesley presses a button.

Chef Wesley and sous chef Mommy get ready to prepare a "nice healthy snack"

Wesley put every veggie he could find into the pot.

Corn is his favorite!

Exploring at the water table.


The only real problem with COSI today was that it wore Mommy and Daddy out. As my belly gets bigger, Wesley gets needier and more clingy. He needed one of us right there playing with him at all times. Usually he plays very well by himself, but times they are a changin'. Sometimes I wonder how traumatic this whole sibling thing is going to be for him - and I worry about it. Is it going to change him so that he isn't the little boy I know and love any more? Will he ever get over the introduction of a sibling? I know, I know. I'm putting myself through pointless Mommy-guilt. But just because it's pointless, doesn't mean it isn't a real concern. Readers - give me some reassurance. PLEASE!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

You're asking for reassurance. Dude, you're crazy for having 2-- but Wesley will be fine. It's good for kids to learn the world doesn't revolve around them. Just wait-- he'll be a good big brother and soon you'll be telling stories about how sweet he is with his little 2.0.

Kelsey said...

Wesley might have some rough transition, but soon he won't even remember being an only child. That's a good thing.

We've apparently being talking "big sister" talk too much, because today Harper told Matt she quit being a big sister!

I suspect that both Harper and Wesley will be fine in the long run!