Well, it's 4:00 and I'm starting to go a little stir crazy. I've read 3 books, baked a coffee cake, put on real clothes for the first time in a day and a half and I'm itching for something to do.
We did manage to get Wesley to go outside for a few minutes. I won't lie and say he was thrilled about it, but at least we got him to get snow on his boots.
I think I heard on the news that we got somewhere around 14 inches of snow. My car is under that snowdrift somewhere.
Wesley standing in a path that Duane shoveled out earlier. As you can see, the snow is nearly elbow height on him. We talked to Cathy on the phone earlier and she told us Kei can't walk through the drifts.
Wesley liked the snow MUCH better if he was in Daddy's arms.
This is Wesley's idea of helping Daddy shovel the walk. Dad did the grunt work and Wesley supervised from behind. Good plan!
Duane had to go into the shop a little bit ago. There's a "no heat" situation at someone's house, so
Duane went in to get the tech a part. It took him nearly 20 minutes to shovel his car out. Wesley and I watched from the comfort of the living room. Duane and I were supposed to go to Shadowbox with some friends tonight, but we're not going (neither are our friends.) Instead we'll light a fire in the fireplace, make some soup and channel surf, while listening to Wesley talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk. I don't think he's stopped since he woke up this morning! At least he's perfectly content to play by himself and talk to his animals. Right now all the animals are saying "I love you," and "I missed you," and "I'm glad to see you." It makes me smile that those are the phrases he hears and wants to repeat!
Duane went in to get the tech a part. It took him nearly 20 minutes to shovel his car out. Wesley and I watched from the comfort of the living room. Duane and I were supposed to go to Shadowbox with some friends tonight, but we're not going (neither are our friends.) Instead we'll light a fire in the fireplace, make some soup and channel surf, while listening to Wesley talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk. I don't think he's stopped since he woke up this morning! At least he's perfectly content to play by himself and talk to his animals. Right now all the animals are saying "I love you," and "I missed you," and "I'm glad to see you." It makes me smile that those are the phrases he hears and wants to repeat!



1 comment:
Do you have ANY idea how lucky you are to have a child that can entertain himself?!?!?!?!? --Stir Crazy Kate
Post a Comment