Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Rise and Whine

I think I've already told you that Wesley has a rotten time getting up in the morning if I actually have to wake him. This morning was one of those mornings. I went into his room and started talking to him, got his clothes out, then turned his light on. As soon as I hit the switch I heard a very sleepy and whiny voice say "No, Mom. Lights off!" Wesley then hopped out of bed, turned the lights off, climbed back into bed and pulled the covers up around him.

I walked over and turned the lights on, explaining that we were going to go see Aunt Melissa and it was time to get up. Again Wesley replied, "No, Mom. Lights off!" as he hopped out of bed, turned the lights off, got back into bed and pulled the covers up. We actually had to go this scenario a third time before I successfully got him out of bed.


In other Wesley news, look at the number of animal friends he wants to take with him whenever we go someplace. I've had to limit him to two friends only. But I do sneak Stinky Bear in my purse if Wesley doesn't pick him because I know that when he gets tired, he'll want that bear!

No comments: