Monday, March 10, 2008

Shake Shake Shake

Last night I had a terrible pain in my lower abdomen. It hurt to walk or lift my right leg, so I crawled into bed even earlier than normal. BTW - my regular bedtime these days is between 8:00 and 9:00 and if I'm being honest, I'll confess that it's usually closer to 8:00.

Anyhow, as I was in bed watching tv, Wesley started to bring me an assortment of stuffed animals to keep me company. He brought me his bear, an elephant, a cat, a lion and a rabbit. When he put the rabbit on the bed, he told me I had to shake it.

Mommy: Why do I have to shake the rabbit?
Wesley: Because it has baracas on it's paws.
Mommy: Baracas?
Wesley: Yes. It's a kind of trombone.

I LOST it!!! I don't know why I thought this was the epitome of humor last night, but I laughed and laughed until I had tears rolling down my face. I kept picturing a rabbit with these little teeny pictures of Barack Obama on it's paws. I think 4 days of being inside was starting to wear on me. Good thing I was back to work today.

No comments: