Thursday, June 28, 2007

How to Give a Stinky Bear a Bath

I finally figured out how to get Wesley to willingly part with Stinky Bear long enough to give it a bath! Wesley was helping me unload the dryer today. You have to understand that to Wesley, "helping unload the dryer" means to take the lint out of the lint trap, throw it on the floor and occasionally take some clothes out of the dryer and put them in the dirty laundry basket. Today when Wesley emptied the lint trap, he emptied it right on Stinky Bear - who was nice and moist from being sucked on. Now, I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this, but lint does not come off wet fabric very easily. Wesley started to whine as the lint stuck fast to his stinky friend. "I'm sorry," I told Wesley, "But I think the only way we are going to get the lint off is if we wash Stinky Bear." Wesley immediately reached up and plopped Stinky Bear in the open washing machine. "Wash Stinky Bear!" he demanded! Well, that was one order I was happy to take. Less than an hour later we had a much less stinky and, more importantly, lint free bear.

2 comments:

Kate said...

How is NSS Bear these days?

Heather said...

NSS is living in the toy box patiently awaiting his day in the sun