I had today off work, so Duane took a vacation day so we could go to the Arts Festival. Since the festival didn't open until 11:30, the W. family walked up the street to an excellent diner. It's only about a block from our house, and is pretty well known in our city. Wesley thought walking up the street with Mom and Dad was awfully special. He was so good! He held one of our hands the whole way. For his breakfast, Wesley ate some waffle, eggs, toast and jelly straight from the container - what can you do? Going to the Arts Festival with a toddler is completely different experience than going as a couple. Even though Wesley slept in the stroller most of the time, we kind of hurried through things. Not that we had money to buy anything, so I guess it didn't really matter. I saw some beautiful photographs of places I'd love to visit, great Christmas gifts I couldn't afford, and some pieces of art that just made me happy for no particular reason. Wesley did wake up long enough to eat the bread of my sandwich and explore a little.
Wesley took a moment to look at the river from up high.
"Hum.....Could rain. I'd better put my umbrella up!"
"What? Road Closed?"
"No problem for me!"
After we walked through the festival, we ducked into COSI for a little bit. Wesley hasn't been to COSI for long time, so he had a blast! He kept bringing balls to Duane. Duane would roll them through a tunnel, then Wesley would run around to the other side, retrieve the balls, and take them back to Duane. They must have played that game for half an hour. The rest of the time there Wesley pretended to feed me water from the water table. Yum.
This afternoon was naptime for Mommy and Daddy. We both managed short naps thanks to a Dora DVD, but Wesley woke us up by climbing on us, walking on our heads and (my personal favorite) stepping on my bladder. I think he learned that from Sanders. Daddy retreated upstairs to continue his nap, but I had brownies to bake so Wesley hung out with me.
We ended our Fun Friday at the library to finish decorating for the Summer Reading Club. Wesley loves the ramp in the lobby and he wore himself out! Time for bath and bed!




No comments:
Post a Comment