I flew out yesterday morning (7:45 AM flight) with a bunch of people from the library. We got to DC, checked into our hotel and I spent the rest of the morning at the convention center. Since I
was only at ALA for one day, I had an exhibits only pass. That was fine by me as the exhibits are my favorite thing. I called my friend, former co-worker and fellow blogger Kate so we could spend some much needed time together. We hooked up and spent the next 3 hours visiting vendors and eating overpriced cheese steaks. The highlight of the exhibits was meeting the author of the Skippyjon Jones books, Judy Schachner. We got autographed books, Skippyjon masks and finger puppets and inflatable toys. In case you don't know, conferences have TONS of freebies for librarians - especially children's librarians.
was only at ALA for one day, I had an exhibits only pass. That was fine by me as the exhibits are my favorite thing. I called my friend, former co-worker and fellow blogger Kate so we could spend some much needed time together. We hooked up and spent the next 3 hours visiting vendors and eating overpriced cheese steaks. The highlight of the exhibits was meeting the author of the Skippyjon Jones books, Judy Schachner. We got autographed books, Skippyjon masks and finger puppets and inflatable toys. In case you don't know, conferences have TONS of freebies for librarians - especially children's librarians.Me, Molly, Debbie, Wendy, Amy and Sarah ready for the prom - I mean Library of the Year reception!
Me and Kate sans Skippyjon masks
Kate and Sarah (aka Colin's mommy and Isaac's Mommy)
Me with the White House in the background - way in the background!
That picture with the White House in the background is pretty much the extent of sights I saw. We drove past the Jefferson Memorial, and the National Archives on the way to the airport and I could see the Washington Monument from the gate. That was my sight seeing.
Summary: great trip, great friends, great honor!




No comments:
Post a Comment