After making you all wait for weeks on end, I can finally tell you the big news! The library I work at has been named "2007 Library of the Year" by Library Journal!!!!! For those of you not in the library biz, this is the equivalent of getting the Oscar for Best Picture! I am super excited!!!! I wasn't allowed to say anything until today because this is the day Library Journal publishes the LOY issue. The library held a big press conference this morning and now we can tell everyone on the planet (and after 4 years of being a finalist, but not winning, we are definitely telling everyone!) I'm assuming you can go to their website and check it out, but I'm not sure.
I'm extra excited for a couple of reasons. First of all, there is a big banquet at the ALA conference in Washington DC to honor the winning library. Even though I am not attending the conference this year, the library is flying me out the morning of the banquet and home the next morning! I GET TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going shopping tomorrow for the perfect dress and shoes to wear! I can't wait!!!!
I'm also excited because a photographer came at the end of May. We were told it was to take pictures for posters and internal publicity, but the photos were really for the LOY issue of Library Journal. That means the pictures of the storytime I did might be in the magazine! Wesley, Grandma H., Aunt Cathy, Sho and Kei were all there too, so they might be in the magazine as well!!!!
Hope none of you are disappointed in the news - I've been on cloud 9 since I found out. I hope you are at least half as excited as me!
3 comments:
Yeah for you guys!!! That is quite an honor! Congrats!!!!!
Sorry to disappoint you Kate. ;)
I'm so excited!!! It is so well deserved!! I'll be at ALA-- and hope to attend the banquet when I get the details. See you there?!
Post a Comment