My stepmom jokes that Wesley is going to think he lives in the car because he's in it so much. Today I could almost believe that. Since I am off this weekend I feel like I have to cram a whole bunch of stuff into it and because I also want to spend time with Duane and Wesley, they get dragged along.
We all slept in until about 8:00 this morning. Wesley is a fantastic sleeper most days. A normal night is bed at 8:00, wake up once for a bottle, and go back to sleep until 7:00 or 8:00. Please don't throw rotten veggies at us! We know we are very lucky! Anyhow, we left the house around 10:30 and went to Trader Tots. For those of you who may not know, Trader Tots is a resale baby store like Once Upon a Child. The big difference is that they also buy maternity clothes right there as well. We sold a ton of stuff!
From there we zipped over to Target to look at convertible car seats. Wesley is going to outgrow his infant seat very soon and I want to be prepared. Of course, I forgot my Consumer Reports guide, so we didn't actually buy a seat today, but at least we've got some good ideas. What really stinks is that we'll have to buy two seats and those suckers are not cheap! Oh well, that's life with kids.
We only spent a few minutes at Target before heading over to my hairdresser. I have not been in to see Michael since October (cringe!) and couldn't wait for some "Michael Therapy" I have turned into a ponytail mom and desperately needed a little update to the do. Michael added some layers, but nothing drastic. Wesley and Duane accompanied me and Wesley charmed the socks off of the receptionist. She even sat on the floor to play with him. He was quite the little sweetheart the whole time. Michael couldn't get over how good Wesley was or how much he smiled. Needless to say, Duane and I were pretty proud of the little guy.
Let's see, from there we swung by a Wendy's for a quick bite and then drove over to UA to see my friend Kate at the library there. I miss working with her sooooooo much, but it was great to see her in her new environment. I can tell she is really happy there and has some big plans for the place. She just seemed so relaxed and confident. It was definitely the move she needed to make - even if it meant leaving me (sniff, sniff). She and I made plans to take Wesley and Colin to COSI on Friday. They have an area there just for babies and little kids, so we thought we'd give it a try. Winter has returned to our neck of the woods, so the zoo is out for now. I can't wait for Friday!!! It'll be great to spend more than 15 minutes with Kate.
Our last stop on the grand tour of the city was the grocery store. Duane and I figured we were really pressing our luck by this time since we had been gone for nearly 3 1/2 hours. Once again, Wesley surprised us by being really good. He had to have been tired and hungry, but he barely made a peep. Of course, it didn't hurt that we were speed shopping. Folks probably thought we were on that old game show "Supermarket Sweep."
We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening relaxing at home. It was so nice to be inside and cozy with the wet and cold safely on the other side of the windows. Wesley pigged out on his dinner and ate 3/4 a container of green beans, 1/2 a container of squash and an entire container of pears. That's the most I've ever seen him eat at once. Apparently all the Food Network I watch has rubbed off on him. Duane and I had a dinner of comfort food, had playtime with Wesley and now that he's in bed, we're going to watch a movie together. Not a bad Saturday at all.
1 comment:
Hooray! I can't wait for Friday! HAve fun with Football today. Are you rooting for the Steelers? (boo, hiss)
Post a Comment