
Life in our house is going to change again soon. Wesley is getting ready crawl. I know it doesn't really look like it in this picture, but I cannot seem to capture his new skill on film. Everytime I turn the camera on, he lays down and refuses to "perform!"
Wesley's been doing the baby push-up for quite awhile now and he's quite adept at maneuvering side to side. Between that and rolling he's pretty much able to get where he wants to be in a room. He ended up under the coffee table this morning before church. And he can get to whatever book or toy happens to catch his eye. Unfortunately, that's just not going to be good enough for him much longer.
Over the past couple of days Wesley has been perfecting the "tushie in the air" move. It used to be a special nighttime technique, but he has realized that he can do it when he wants. Now if only he could put it together with the push up he'd be on his way. As it stands now, Wesley will do the push up, then lay down, then stick his tushie in the air, then repeat. He has managed to get to his hands and knees once or twice, but it doesn't last long. Scooting backwards must be a little easier because he's great at that - even wedged his legs under a chair.
I don't know how long it takes to go from this stage to actual crawling, but our lives are definitely going to get more active soon. Everyone who knows Wesley says that once he starts going, we are not going to be able to keep up with him and I'm so afraid it's true! Oh well, maybe I'll lose the last bit of baby weight then!
No comments:
Post a Comment