Saturday, February 25, 2006

A Little Bit of Chaos


Baby monitors are a wonderful invention. They allow me to sit and type; Duane and Gus (cat) to have some quality time while we both stare at the monitor and wonder why Wesley isn't asleep yet. Wesley has been in bed for half an hour which usually equals contented baby snoring, but for some reason he is just not interested tonight. And before anyone gets all bent out of shape that I'm on the computer while my baby is crying upstairs, Duane just went to check on him!

Anyhow, like I was saying, Wesley has no reason not to be in dreamland now. He's had a very busy day. He didn't sleep real well last night and we woke him up this morning. I know "how rude!" but we needed to get our taxes done and our little deduction was going to stay at Grandma and Grandpa H's while we took care of that.

We have visitors for lunch today and Wesley had to entertain. Grandma W., Aunt Judy, Aunt Melissa and cousins Kierstin and Mark Robert all came over. We haven't seen Grandma W. in nearly a month, because even though she doesn't live that far away it's hard to juggle her schedule, my schedule, and Duane's schedule. We haven't seen Aunt Judy since Christmas and even though we see Aunt Melissa and the cousins every week when they watch Wesley, I barely get to talk to them.

I had a great time with everyone! It's so much fun to watch Melissa's kids and think that someday Wesley will be doing the same things. Kierstin (who is in kindergarten) took some pictures with my digital camera. To be honest, I expected lots of pictures of the floor but she took some great shots of Gus and the best picture that's been taken of me in months! She loves the cats and the two of us showered Sanders with affection for quite awhile. Duane and Mark Robert played on the Hot Wheels web site and had a blast. Duane has a lot of fun with Wesley now, but I know he's looking forward to cars and ball with the little guy in a few years. We really need to make more of an effort to see everyone more often. I don't want another month to go by before we have the chance to get together again. I have fantastic in-laws and spending time with them is always a treat. Having experienced the other end of the spectrum, I know how good I've got it!

In case you are wondering, Duane has returned, the monitor is quiet and the restless wonder is asleep. Sounds like he just needed Daddy to rock him for awhile, which Daddy is always more than happy to do. I love my guys!

No comments: