
I'd like to publicly thank my mother-in-law for raising such an amazing son! Duane is so thoughtful and romantic. I pray that Wesley turns out like his father. If he does, he'll make some woman very very lucky one day.
Duane has made it his personal mission in life to make sure I never have another bad Valentine's Day. Each year I am certain he can't top the year before and each year he does. I was prepared for this year to be kind of average at best. I couldn't get the day off work and since it's my night to work, I had planned on not seeing Duane at all until 9:30. However, Duane had other plans.
Yesterday Duane told me that he left work early because things were slow and that he'd go pick up Wesley so I wouldn't have too. When I got home after work, I walked into a quiet house and the most DELICIOUS smells coming from the kitchen. Duane had arranged for Wesley to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa H.'s house, so we could celebrate Valentine's Day early. He spent the afternoon cooking an incredible dinner of flank steak stuffed with spinach and feta, Parmesan asparagus, potato and shitake mushroom gratin, and double chocolate mocha trifle. It was soooooo good! Dinner at some expensive restaurant couldn't have tasted any better. Oh, did I forget to mention the candlelight and vase of roses on the table?
We didn't really get to sleep in and relax this morning because Sanders' face puffed up again this week. He had to be at the vet's office between 7:30 - 8:30 this morning. We dropped him off and then went out to breakfast. After breakfast we spent the morning shopping where ever I wanted to go. I am almost embarrassed to admit that we spent a good two hours at Target, but I don't get to really look around at stores anymore because I always have the boy with me. We also went to this great furniture/funky gift store. It's incredibly girly - exactly the way I'd have my house if I lived alone - but Duane is always a good sport about going there. Then we ate lunch at our favorite vegetarian restaurant/bakery before I went to work.
As if I wasn't spoiled enough, Duane kidnapped my car while I was working and gave it a "Big D. Special." That means it was washed, vacuumed, armor all-ed, windex-ed and had an oil change. I can't tell you how much the ol' Hyundai needed that! It felt so good to drive home from work in a clean car.
Sorry if I've made anyone out there jealous. I married a wonderful, sweet, romantic and all around amazing man. He opens doors, helps me on with my coat and is a gentleman in every way. He gives to charity, goes to church and loves his family and my family. I pray that Wesley grows up to be the kind of man his Daddy is.
1 comment:
Heather,
This certainly is NOT the brother I grew up with! I think you only have yourself to blame. The way you love him must inspire this kind of treatment. I am terribly jealous, but so very happy for both of you!!
Melissa (sister in law)
Post a Comment