Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Sunday


Today was another crazy day in our "relaxing" weekend. Our friends Rusty and Katie had the baptism for their son James today. Duane and I are the godparents so we skipped worship at our church and headed to their church instead. It was a great service, but a little strange. Contempory service at our church is still rather traditional - something I've grumped about on occasion - but at their church it is a rock and roll service complete with wireless microphones and electric guitars. Wesley LOVED the music and smiled nearly the whole time. It was fun for a change, but I've come to realize that our small church is a great fit for us.

I still can't get over how little James is. He's like a little feather! Whenever I held him today it was like holding nothing. And he is so sweet. He doesn't really cry - he squeaks. I can't believe Wesley was ever that little. We went to Babies R Us today and bought convertable car seats because his little feet are starting to hang over the end of the infant seat. Of course, I've been in full blown Wemberley mode lately and also wanted his crib mattress lowered just in case he manages to sit up on his own in the next day or two. He is trying so hard! The kid is going to have incredible ab muscles by the time he can manage to pull himself to a sitting position. He's already really strong.

Other than that it was a quiet day. We bought a bunch a junk food to eat during the Super Bowl and are getting ready to indulge in way too much dessert during the second half. i spent part of my evening trying to get a good picture of Sanders to submit to stuffonmycat.com. If you've never seen it, it's exactly what it sounds like. My new quest is to get my kitty on that site. I'm not totally thrilled with the results from today. I'll let you know when we suceeed.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm sorry I missed the baptism! I had to work on Sunday...

Someday we'll get around to having Colin baptized.

Anyhow-- Katie looks WAY too good for having just had a baby. Tpppp!

See you Friday!