Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday in Review

We woke up bright and early this morning to attend the first worship service at our church. Some friends of ours, who are moving to another part of the state this summer, had all four of their children baptized and we had the honor of being Godparents to their oldest son. We are really going to miss them when they go.

After that, Duane and I taught Sunday School during the middle service, then our small group met during the late service. All in all, we were at church for about 4.5 hours this morning. The good news is, we honestly enjoyed everything we did, so the time flew by.

We also got to pick up our portrait that is going to go in the church directory. I have to say, I don't think I've had a "formal" portrait turn out so nicely.

Not a bad looking bunch

We spent the afternoon doing some stuff around the house. Duane buffed out a spot on my truck where someone had scraped it, leaving white paint behind. I worked on reading a book a need to review by next weekend. I never thought I'd refer to reading as "work" but this one is really not my normal cup of tea. Here's hoping I make it through.

After dinner we walked to a nearby park to let the boys run off some steam.







Love the look of determination on his face



Ryan riding his attack dinosaur and Wesley cowering in fear

My handsome hubby
And now it's time to wind down for the evening and start a whole new week. Thank goodness this one should be slightly less busy.

No comments: