Sunday, May 17, 2015

Saturday Stuff

For a hot and rainy Saturday, yesterday wound up being quite busy.

It was Wesley's last soccer game of the season. It was  tough game because of the humidity. The kids just did not have their usual hustle. But no one passed out, so we'll call it a good game.

Ryan spent most of the game hanging out in the nearby trees with some of his friends.  I tried to get a picture of him and his friend B., but whenever I counted to three to let them know to smile, B. would let out a big belch. "It's kind of my thing," he told me.

Just a couple of boys hanging out in a tree, belching and making fart noises.
After the game we hurried home long enough for the boys to take quick showers and change clothes, then we headed out to a photography studio. Duane and I purchased a photo session for Grandma and Grandpa H. for their birthdays and at least some of the photos were to be of the grandparents and grandkids together.  The pictures came out really well and as soon as I get the link, I'll share of them here. They are fantastic!

After that, we hurried back home, changed clothes again, and headed off to the scout camp out. I normally do not set for anywhere near a scout camp out. I am way too girly for that. However, our Sunday morning was really full, meaning Duane and the kids weren't going to be able to stay overnight, so I went along for the ride.


A little bit of Jenga to kick off the evening

A scout is always prepared

Ryan participating in his den's skit

And they all fall down

Ready to receive the tiger patch


Bear scouts completed
My little Wolf!

I can't believe I'm the mom of a Webelo! I remember when my brother was a Webelo!

The Bigfoot hunters ready to head out.

We rolled home around 10:00 and everyone headed for bed for an early Sunday to start. It was a busy day, but a nice one.

No comments: