Spring made itself known today with thunderstorms and tornado sirens blaring. I was entering my last half hour of work when the sirens started going off. I grabbed my purse and my phone and headed into the basement of the library - although I did take myself into the "staff only" area so I wouldn't have to listen to patrons complain about being stuck there.
I sent a quick text to Duane to see how the boys (particularly Wesley) were fairing with the sirens going off. He said they were doing fine.
When I got home I asked if they had gone into the basement when the tornado sirens sounded. Apparently, they decided to track the storm on the television to see if the tornado was anywhere near the house before heading to the basement. I can't say I was thrilled by that decision, but I am somewhat afraid of storms and tend to over-react to them, so I let it slide.
After dinner we got ready to go to a scout recruitment night event.
"Is it okay if I leave Carr in the basement?" Wesley asked.
Puzzed, I responded, "Yes, that's fine, but can I ask why?"
Wesley looked ever so slightly embarrassed and more than a little concerned. "It's so he's safe in case there is a tornado while we're gone."
Oh, my heart. What a sweet sweet boy - who apparently inherited his mother's dislike of storms.
No comments:
Post a Comment