Saturday, May 30, 2015

Hi There!

Hey everyone! Sorry about the week of silence on this end. I just got back from Book Expo America in New York City.  The conference is always great, but I'm not a huge fan of NYC. It's okay to visit, but I'm always so glad to get home.

I didn't take very many pictures of my trip, but I do have a couple to share.

Probably my favorite picture of the trip. I took this out of our hotel window our first night there

Love this picture of Washington Square Park too

Empire State Building
That was really it. Books, restaurants, subways, and lots of walking. We'll take a family trip there someday and then I'll do all tourist stuff with the family.

For me, coming home to my family really is the best part of the trip. I actually clapped for joy when they announced our flight home was boarding.  And as soon as I got out of the terminal, Wesley and Ryan rushed to see me, practically knocking me over as they showered me with hugs. It was kind of awesome.

This morning as Ryan was snuggling me I commented that it's nice to have been missed. "But it's even better when the person you were missing comes back," Ryan told me.  I have to admit, he's right.

I feel like I was gone a lot longer than 3.5 days too because I missed so much back home! Wesley went home from school sick on Wednesday. Apparently the plague hit our school just in time for summer break to start because all of friends' kids from our school were also sick. He did go back on Thursday for his awards ceremony, but even from the pictures I can tell he wasn't feeling his best.

Ryan with his teacher

Wesley with his attendance award

Wesley and his teacher

Ryan cleaned up with an attendance award, a good character award, an an academic award


Wesley with his attendance and academic awards
In addition to the last day of school, I missed Gus's oral surgery.  In fact, I darn near freaked out when I got a text from Duane during one of my sessions of Friday. The text said "Gus is done. It went very quickly and he did well."  But since I was in the midst of a conference, I just glanced at my phone and my mind read the message as "Gus is gone. He went very quickly."  For about 15 seconds I thought my cat was dead and I was fighting back tears! 

Duane picked Gus up this morning. Poor Gus is in the cone of shame for awhile, but his face looks so much better!


We've spent today playing catch up on house stuff - cleaning (NYC always compels me to come home and bleach the bathrooms!), grocery story, library for summer reading sign up and books, just all that stuff that slips by the wayside.

Hope your week was great. I'm planning on posting lots this summer!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Loved this post! Welcome home :)