Tuesday, August 06, 2013

What a Zoo!

Yesterday was my "down" day. Yesterday was the day I couldn't bear to think about everything that was going on with my stepdad (he is in ICU). All I wanted to do was curl up in a ball in a dark room and cry. But you don't get that luxury as a parent - especially not when my other set of parents are also sick meaning there was no one to watch the boys. I took the day off, which is probably what I needed after crying myself to sleep the night before.

I decided to take the boys to the zoo yesterday morning because we hadn't been yet all summer.

Grandma and Grandpa P. gave us a fanny pack and yesterday was Wesley's first opportunity to use it. He loved it! He packed a notebook, pen, flashlight, the zoo map and who knows what else.

Wesley carefully drew and wrote down the names of all the dinosaurs we saw in Dinosaur Island

My sweet guys

Ryan the explorer
We went to Dinosaur Island first since it's new to the zoo. Ryan could barely contain himself. "I can't believe I'm seeing my first ever real life dinosaur!" he exclaimed.





After Dinosaur Island we ate lunch and puttered around the zoo for a bit. Unfortunately, by the time we got home, my decent mood was gone and I was near tears again. I came home and napped on the couch while the boys watched tv, and after dinner, I napped again. I guess I was pretty emotionally and physically worn out.

Duane went to the hospital with my mom last night for visiting hours because I just couldn't do it. I couldn't bear it again. I needed a break. Believe it or not, I still slept all night long despite all my naps. Guess I needed it.

No comments: