Thursday, August 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Wesley

I have an eight year old boy in my house. I'm not really sure how that happened. When I went to bed last night I'm pretty sure there was a seven year old in Wesley's room, but now he's eight.

Today was kind of whirlwind day. I woke Wesley up by singing "Happy Birthday" to him, then the boys and I made a doughnut run before school.


 

As you can see, Wesley wore the "Birthday Boy" button today. While we were eating an older gentleman from the next table came over to us. "Excuse me, ma'am," he said to me. "I see it is your son's birthday. With your permission, I'd like to give him this," and he held out a Tim Horton's gift card. "My grandchildren live in Wyoming and Missouri and Maine and I don't get to take them out on their birthdays, so I'd like to do something for your son."

I was so touched by the man's gesture - and even more happy that the boys got to witness someone being so generous to a stranger. For me, that was the gift.

The boys went to school then. Wesley got a card from his class and he said they sang to him twice today.

After I got off work, we met Uncle Kirk, Aunt Susan, Grandma and Grandpa P., Grandma W. and Grandma H. at a restaurant for Wesley's birthday dinner. It was kind of hectic, but it was what Wesley wanted and I think he really enjoyed himself.

The birthday boy






Wesley's having a friend's party on Saturday, so I'm sure I'll have more pictures and birthday stories then. Before bed I asked Wesley if it was great to be eight. "Nope. It's AWESOME!" was the answer. I hope this year really is awesome for you, Wesley. You deserve it!

No comments: