Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Return of the Heart Melter

Ryan spent all his money this week on a red pleather bracelet with sparkly silver letters that spell out "love." I'll admit, I tried to talk him out of his purchase, but he absolutely adores it. 

Shortly after he got the bracelet he told me, "This bracelet helps me tell a secret." Then he pointed to the bracelet and pointed to me. "That means I love you," he explained.

And the heart went melt again.

The other night Ryan put on a pair of pajamas that read "Mommy's Super Hero."

"See what my shirt says," he asked me.

"I sure do!" I told him. "You are my super hero. And I know what your super power is."

"What is it?" he asked.

"You are a heart melter. You say such sweet things that you just melt my heart."

Ryan thought about that for a moment before replying, "But if your heart melted you'd die. You need your  heart."

Guess he'd better just use those powers for good.

No comments: