Wesley had his first day of school as a second grader today. Although he didn't say it, I think he was excited to go back. He even woke up before the alarm clock and helped me make breakfast! I hope this bodes well for the coming school year.
Of course, my big concern today wasn't the actual school day - it was the bus ride home. I took a little time off work so I could meet Wesley at the bus stop today. Duane went too because he'll be the one meeting the boys after this and my dad and Ryan went along 1) so my dad could see Wesley on his first day of school and 2) so Ryan could see what the whole bus thing was like before tomorrow.
We got to the bus stop about 10 minutes early, figuring that on the first day the bus might run a little early or a little late. A little late would have been fine. The bus was quite late. Late enough that I was starting to worry and actually called the school only to find out that the buses left the school late. Late enough that my dad sat down in the grass to wait. Late enough that Ryan said to Grandpa, "Can't we just go home now?"
"I want to see Wesley," Grandpa answered.
Ryan shot Grandpa a rather unhappy look and said, "Didn't you just see him yesterday?"
Our patience was rewarded though and Wesley's bus arrive about 28 minutes late (but who was counting). Any fear I had about Wesley riding the bus disappeared when I saw this.
You may not be able to tell from this picture, but Wesley was sporting a huge grin. He reported that the bus ride was long, but awesome! He said his teacher was really nice too.
Here's hoping Ryan's first day (tomorrow) goes just as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment