Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Melt My Heart
I often talk about what a little stinker Ryan can be, but I don't know that I share his sweet side as much as I should. Yesterday may have been Wesley's birthday and all about him, but last night was all about Ryan.
First, it should be noted that Aunt Paula and Uncle Stacey haven't had the chance to see Ryan for awhile, so they had a birthday present for him: two boxes of Matchbox cars. Little Guy was in Heaven!! In fact, he put them all in a basket when we got home and took them to bed with him!
Shortly after Duane put the boys to bed, I walked into the kitchen and could hear Ryan calling me from upstairs. I went up to his room, peeked in and said, "What do you need, Bud?"
Ryan stretched his arms out wide and said, "I have a kiss for you."
Needless to say, that sweet gesture when he is usually quite stingy about kisses meant that he and I ended up reading in bed together and snuggling.
After a few minutes I could feel Ryan looking at me rather intently. "Mommy, I like your face," he announced.
Touched, I answered, "Well, I like your face too."
"You have a Mommy face. I have a little boy face," he told me.
I may not be a supermodel or grace a magazine cover in my life, but as long as my little boy likes my face, it's all good. A mommy face is probably the best face of all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is really sweet Heather - thank goodness they are charming once in a while, huh?!
Post a Comment