We are almost a week into school and it's starting to feel like we've got our school routine down. I make sure to check Wesley's backpack for homework or notes from the teacher as soon as dinner is over. Wesley decides at night if he wants to pack or buy his lunch and we pack it if needed so we don't have to worry about it in the morning. Same with my lunch, my work bag and his backpack, so there isn't any morning rush.
I still get up at my normal time and the boys are still getting up at their normal time, but the big difference is that instead of hurrying out the door and me grabbing something to eat in the car, we actually have time for all three of us to sit at the table and eat breakfast together. It's taking some getting used to and I'm going to have to start getting creative with my own breakfast options, but it's really nice to have that time with them. It's not that they eat a ton or that we are having deep meaningful conversation, but we are able to slow down a little and enjoy ourselves.
After breakfast there is time for them to play for about 15 or 20 minutes before we have to get shoes on, load up the van and think about heading out. I even have time to sit down with a cup of coffee and do the blog! I know we'll have to leave earlier on rainy or snowy days, but right now, I love that we have the opportunity to ease into the morning.
I think I could used to the new routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment