....or a couple of problems as the case may be.
Problem #1 is that Wesley is starting to try and reclaim the nursery. Duane put the crib back together last night and Wesley insisted that it was his bed and kept trying to climb in it. We explained that a crib is a bed for babies and that his baby brother was going to sleep in the crib, but it did no good. We tried reminding Wesley that he has his big boy bed in his dinosaur room, but it did no good. Wesley is also trying to reclaim the "baby" toys from that room and has permanently reclaimed the stuffed lion he NEVER played with that we were going to give to 2.0. And here I was hoping that all the territory issues were going to be related to the cats.
Problem #2 has already been solved, but I feel the need to post about it anyhow. I think I have talked before about how AWFUL Wesley is to get up in the mornings. We put him to bed between 9-9:30 every night, but he always stays up until around 11:00 - mostly just talking to himself and his stuffed animals. If he could just wake up on his own, he'd get up around 8:30 - 9:00 and life would be good. But since I have to be at work at 9:00, I have to wake him up. Some days I have to get him up at 6:30 and some days I can let him sleep until close to 7:30. Doesn't matter though, if I have to wake him up it is UGLY! He cries and hides and I almost always end up having to physically haul him out of bed and onto the potty - which is zero fun when your belly is as big as mine is right now. He fights me every step of the way as I try to get him dressed, his teeth brushed and hair combed. In fact, I usually end up getting kicked. Today was the straw that broke the camels back. It's just too hard for me to do this right now, so I called Duane at work and asked if there was any way he could work 8-5 instead of 7-4 so he could help me get the boy up and ready. Starting next week, I will have Daddy assisted mornings until 2.0 is born!!!!! I am so excited!!!! My life just got much easier.
Problem #3 may or may not be an actual problem, but in situations like this I tend to assume the worst. My doctor's office left a message for me today about my glucose test results. I'm supposed to call the office "at my earliest convenience." Now I don't know about your doctor's office, but mine tends to only call with test results when there is a problem. So of course, I am assuming that means that I flunked my test and have gestational diabetes. But in true foodie fashion, I sent Duane out to get me an Oreo Blizzard before I get the actual results and possibly discover I have to really watch my diet for the rest of the pregnancy. Denial is a beautiful place, isn't it? And don't worry, I'll let you know what the doctor actually says tomorrow.
1 comment:
Ooooh, good luck. I hope everything is fine and you can continue enjoying your blizzards. If not, at least you know it is only temporary.
Post a Comment