Wesley's conversational skills continue to surprise me. I was craving some chocolate BIG TIME today, so we made a quick stop at Target on the way to Grandma and Grandpa H.'s. Wesley was in full "big boy" mode and was not interested in holding my hand or riding in a cart. He was being good and staying close to my side, but I must have taken too long in the candy aisle because he darted away from me. I retrieved him from the next aisle over and told him that I would just be minute longer in picking out my chocolate. At the word chocolate his little ears perked up he began to study the shelves intently. I decided that it was as good a time as any to spoil my son and kill his appetite, so I told him he could pick out some chocolate too. "What kind of chocolate do you want?" I asked. Wesley looked over the shelves again, then noticed a poster of some M&Ms. He pointed to it and said "Want chocolate boons (balloons)!" Chocolate balloons it was! He munched happily on a couple in the car and a few more after lunch. BTW, in case you didn't know, at 23 months Wesley is already a a full blown chocoholic.
The bribe of chocolate balloons must of paid off for me because I got a surprise visit from Wesley and Grandma H. at work today. Rumor has it he kept asking to go see Mommy. Sigh, melt, melt. Wesley must think I spend an awful lot of time at work though, because as they pulled into the parking lot, he told Grandma they were at "Mommy's house." Oh well, there are days I feel I live there.
No comments:
Post a Comment