Monday, August 06, 2007

Manic Monday

Maybe it wasn't really so manic, but I have so many things I want to tell you all that it feels manic to me.

I guess I'll start with trying to get Wesley out the door today. He was in his playroom with his train set and he did not want to leave. "Come on, Wesley," I said. "We're going to go see Grandma and Grandpa P." His response? "I don't think so." Can you believe he actually said that!? I couldn't decide if I should be appalled or amused. I settled on amused because Wesley did go down the stairs with little to no fuss and was great on the ride to his grandparents. And they had a big surprise for him. They went to the fair today!

Yes, I know, it's something like 94 degrees to day with humidity so bad you could practically use a spoon in air, but the three of them went to the fair. I didn't get a lot of details from Grandpa, but I do know that Wesley petted a pig, saw ducks and chickens and had a hot dog and ice cream. When I asked Wesley if he had fun at the fair, he grinned at me and said "Yes!" He wouldn't even let me take his lost child tag off his shirt.



Wesley and Grandpa check out some animals.












Wesley met his favorite Buckeye!










"I don't have to touch the cow, do I?"







A busy little fair-goer




While we were getting dinner ready, Wesley ran around with the tongs and pretended to flip steaks on the grill. I said something to him (I can't remember what) and he responded "Yes, I know." How funny!

Duane brought some bubble wrap home for Wesley and I to play with. My son hogged most of it. He ran around the house with it flying behind him like a cape saying "I so fast! I so fast!" Yes indeed. I only wish I had that energy.

No comments: