Anyway, this year was the 90th reunion. Even though I don't know anyone (other than my immediate family), and even though Duane and I are the youngest people there (other than 2 teenagers and Wesley) it wasn't too bad. They passed around a letter detailing the first reunion and it was kind of neat to read that my grandma, great aunts and great grandparents were all there. I saw pictures of my grandma and grandpa (both of whom have passed away) looking so young and happy holding my aunt Rochelle (their first child).
Wesley tried really hard to entertain himself. We took his new dinosaurs and some cars and a
TON of books. We only ran into three problems with him while we were there. The first was that Wesley refused to eat a single bite of food - no bread and butter, no chicken (in any form), no lasagna, no cheese, no nothing! Okay, that's a little bit of an exaggeration, he did a few bites of homemade ice cream that Grandma H. and Aunt Carol shared with him, but we ended up stopping at a store and buying him a Gerber toddler meal.The se
cond problem we had at the reunion had to do with acoustics. Wesley discovered that his voice carried REALLY well in the hall where the reunion was held and he made sure we all heard it. He was so loud that the other people started calling him the Screamer or the Loud Talker. It was mildly embarrassing, but as the only kid, he could get away with it. And it was all happy noises so I think that counts for something.The final problem we had was that Wesley had a ton of energy and all he wanted to do was run! He ran inside and outside. He ran across the stage. He ran between the tables. He was like a flash of lightning and poor Daddy really worked up a sweat chasing the boy around.
So that was basically our day. We drove, ate and drove some more. I have no excuse for being tired, but I'll be lucky if I last as long as Wesley. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment