Can you believe that we planned in advance to go to the zoo and it actually happened!?!? I'm in shock! When we got home I realized I didn't take a single picture of the lights, but no matter. We were there to see Wesley anyhow. It was a perfect night to go. Cold, but not freezing and there was almost no one there!Wesley had a fantastic time at the zoo. I don't know if it was the lights, being outside in the dark
and cold, or the fact that Mommy, Daddy, and Grandma & Grandpa P. were all paying attention to him, but Wesley was so happy. He toddled along looking like a little penguin and jabbering away nonstop. He even said "Hi" clear as day to some people who walked past us. We did eventually give in and put him in the stroller with some blankets. He wasn't too happy about that at first, but after a little bit he sat back and enjoyed the ride.In addition to seeing the lights, Wesley also got to have his first tast of hot chocolate. Well, lukewarm chocolate because we didn't want him to burn his little mouth. Duane gave Wesley a tiny sip. Wesley drank it, licked his lips appreciatively and started to walk away. He took about one step before spinning back around and begging for another sip. Repeat this about 4 more times, and you'll get a good picture of Wesley's hot chocolate experience. When all was said and done, he probably only got a couple of tablespoons worth, but he loved it.
We also ducked into the nocturnal animal exhibit. It was great to watch Wesley actually notice
the animals. He liked the fishing cats a lot, probably because they looked like something familiar to him. Of course, the next creature we saw was also some kind of small four legged animal. I don't remember what it was, but Wesley looked at it and said "Kitty!" I guess that was the closest thing in his vocabulary, because it certainly was not any kind of cat.All and all, it was a fantastic night. I love the zoo lights! They make me feel all Christmasy and warm inside. I'm so glad we have this great memory now.
No comments:
Post a Comment