How much slack can I cut the kid for teething and coming down with a little bit of a cold? It is not even 7:30 in the morning and he is in rare form. He's throwing a super fit and do you know why? He's out of milk in his sippy cup. Now if he had brought me the cup, I would have taken it into the kitchen and filled it with milk for him. Instead, he threw the cup across the room and began screaming as soon as he finished the last sip. It's much too early to deal with that, and I refuse to get him something (even something as simple as milk) if he is acting like that. I'm going to type and ignore the banshee until he calms down.........
.....so after a few minutes of screams and tears I got him to pick up his cup and bring it to me. "Oh? You'd like some milk, please?" So I filled his cup, he happily drank all of two sips, dropped it on the floor and began to play with his toys. Is this what I can expect throughout the toddler years? If so, I'm going to need a LOT of chocolate and coffee to make it through.
2 comments:
Welcome to the toddler years. It's so much fun! (It actually is REALLY fun, but then there are those times when they get posessed and you aren't sure why).
I really can't come up with anything to say over my laughter. These are the days that you just want to roll your eyes and ask them if they're kidding. Oh yeah ... they are kids and that's why we just forgive their cooky little antics.
I believe that the same scenario has played out in similar format in about every house with a toddler across the nation.
Enjoy ! Thanks for the laugh.
- Laura
Post a Comment