Monday, December 11, 2006

Weakened by the Weekend

Do you think we will ever learn to pace ourselves? I doubt it. This past weekend we crammed so much into two days it's not even funny.

On Saturday Duane and I went to his company holiday party in the afternoon, then we went to pick up some wine and hit a couple other stores before heading home. The idea was to take a nap before my holiday party that night. It didn't work out that way - Wesley wasn't about to let us sleep. On the up side, Wesley was fairly charming at my library's holiday party. He ran around the aisles, danced and was mesmerized by the colored lights the DJ shone on the floor. On the downside, I learned how much one's feet hurt after chasing a toddler around while wearing high heels and a party dress.

I was the assisting minister at church on Sunday. Wesley decided he needed to be a part of the service too and bolted out of the room while I was reading the lessons. Duane retrieved him, but Pastor Art worked it into the sermon. It was sweet and no one was upset. That's one reason why I love our church. Everyone there cares so much about Wesley. After church we grabbed a bite of lunch and did a little Christmas shopping. OK - a lot of Christmas shopping. Wesley was surprisingly good, but I was beat. Plus we still had to hit the grocery store.

We could tell Wesley was absolutely not going to let us go to another store, so Duane dropped us at home and he did the shopping. Wesley and I caught a little nap, which was a very good thing beacuse Duane and I had tickets to a hockey game last night. We had a terriffic time, but I ate something that really disagreed with me and was up almost all night. I went through today in a bit of a fog only to discover that Wesley took a FOUR HOUR NAP for Grandma and Grandpa P. and I have a feeling tonight might be a long night too.

No comments: