I'm having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit so far this year. I've been stressing over everything that "needs" to get done and the temperatures around here have been 20 or so degrees warmer than normal. 60+ degrees just isn't Christmas weather in central Ohio. We're trying to get in the holiday spirit. I've started to do some baking, but schedules don't allow for me and my mom to do our baking day this year. I can't tell you the last time we didn't bake together, so that's a bit of a blow. It will get done though.
Yesterday were the concerts at the kids' school. Although for some reason, the music teacher decided to showcase what they have been learning all year, rather than have them do any winter or holiday songs - unless you count Halloween songs. They sang several of those.
 |
| Ryan playing a "drum" during a song |
I didn't take video because it wasn't especially video worthy, and there are no concert pictures of Wesley because he hated being up there and was having a bad day. So, that was that.
Things improved mightily when we headed out to the zoo to see the lights with Grandma and Grandpa P. It's kind of become our little tradition and I look forward to it each year. Grandpa cracked corny jokes all night and Grandma treated everyone to some goodies to nibble on while we walked around. Definitely a start to the Christmas spirit.
 |
| Possibly my favorite picture all year |
 |
| A little balancing practice while waiting to see Santa |
 |
| Of course, I love this picture too |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa |
 |
| A little tic-tac-toe with Grandpa at dinner |
No comments:
Post a Comment