Why do life's big questions come when I am trying desperately to get the family fed and out the door in the morning?
This morning Wesley asked me, "Mom, which came first? Dinosaurs or Adam & Eve? I mean one of those things has to be wrong and I know that God is true, so which is it?"
GULP!!!
I wasn't really sure how to explain to Wesley what I believe, in a way he could understand. My friend, Rachel, later summed up her view (and mine) by essentially saying that God is responsible for creating life but there are lots of theories as to how that creation took place (big bang, evolution, Adam & Eve, etc.) Unfortunately I don't think as fast on my feet as Rachel does. I think I mumbled something about people believe different things, and that no one knows how long a day was for God.
Wesley finally took pity on his poor, mumbling mother and said, "That's okay, Mom. I've figured it out."
"You did?" I asked.
"Yep. Dinosaurs definitely came first," he said authoritatively. "Because there were no people with the dinosaurs, and the dinosaurs went extinct. So then God must have created Adam & Eve and the animals to repopulate the world."
Um...yeah. That's it.
No comments:
Post a Comment