Saturday, December 12, 2015

A Successful Night

Wesley attended his first sleepover party at a friend's house last night. I will admit I was mildly worried about it because he's never stayed at anyone's house except for family, and because he opted not to take his bear with him, but I guess it went fine. Meaning, it's 8:00 in the morning and we didn't get any middle of the night calls or texts.

Ryan was pretty bummed out that his brother got to go to a sleepover and he didn't so we tried to make the night a little special for him. We didn't go crazy or anything (because Duane and I were pretty exhausted from working the school holiday shop all day) but we did make Ryan's favorite dinner, despite the fact that it's a bit time consuming and stinks up the house. And after we did the grocery shopping, we stopped and got ice cream. Heck, we even let Ryan get two scoops!

It all helped, but not a lot. Ryan still wanted me to call over to the sleepover and see what "the guys" were doing several times. I didn't. And when Ryan and I were snuggled on the couch watching a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Cowabunga Christmas he told me, "I bet Wesley is having an even better time than me."

I'll tell you what though, I had the BEST night's sleep last night. I can't remember when I have slept that well. Maybe the key is having one kid out of the house (kidding!)

Ryan is still a little put out. The very first thing he said upon waking was "I wonder what Wesley and the guys are doing?"  But Duane's going to surprise Ryan with a cinnamon roll for breakfast, so hopefully that (and the two Christmas parties we are attending today) will help.

No comments: